Fluoropolymer / PTFE
Proterial High Performance Medical Solutions division fluoropolymers come in a wide variety of types and applications. The most commonly used fluoropolymers are PTFE, PFA, FEP, PVDF and ETFE. Fluorocarbon-based polymers are ideal for applications or devices that require strong wear resistance, excellent lubricity, precision tolerance control and a high degree of chemical and thermal resistance. Because fluoropolymers are so stable and resistant to solvents, acids and bases, they provide biocompatible barriers for various medical devices and pharmaceutical equipment. Known under a variety of trademarks such as Teflon, Fluon, Hostaflon, and Polyflon, they are the ideal choice for applications that require strong wear resistance, excellent lubricity, and precision tolerance control. PTFE is commonly used as a dry lubricant for tubing liners or coated wire to provide a non-sticky, slick surface. Applications such as Multi-layer lined catheters, fluid transfer tubing, and furcation tubing are common. PTFE along with FEP and PFA are also commonly used for cable jacketing due to the materials outstanding dielectric insulation properties and the large working temperature range of the material (i.e. 500°F (260°C) to -400°F (200°C)).
Our Fluoropolymer Capabilities
- Multi-lumen from 2-6 lumens
- Micro-bore: 0.002”-0.020” (0.051mm-0.51mm) IDs
- Thin wall: 0.021”-0.300” (0.52mm-7.62mm) IDs; walls from 0.0012” (0.025mm)
- Performance capabilities (link to material properties page below)
PTFE Extrusion Offerings
- Custom profiles and configurations
- Heat shrink and peelable tubing
- Radiopaque fillers and striping
- Single, Multi-Lumen and Profile Extrusions
- Available in an array of sizes and colors.