Tight Buffered Plenum Cable
Indoor/Outdoor Tight Buffered has a UV resistant jacket and is REACH and RoHS 2 compliant. All multimode and singlemode cables (except OM1) utilize bend-insensitive optical fibers. Dry, super absorbent polymers (SAPs) eliminate water migration in cable interstices and has a 900um buffered design recommended for easy termination. Indoor/Outdoor Tight Buffered (Plenum) has color coded fibers for easy identification and for cables with more than 24 fibers; fibers are segregated into 12-fiber sub-units. Cables with fiber counts from 2 to 144 are available. Suitable for lashed aerial, duct, underground conduit and indoor plenum environments. Supported applications include gigabit, 10 gigabit and 40 gigabit Ethernet. Made in USA. Proterial Cable America is proud to utilize Corning Optical Fiber as our standard optic fiber.
- REACH & RoHS 2 compliant.
- Made in USA.
- All multimode, and singlemode cables (except OM1) utilize bend-insensitive optical fibers.
- UV and fungus resistant jacket.
- Tight buffered construction.
- Each fiber is color coded for easy identification.
- Dry, super absorbent polymers (SAPs) eliminate water migration in cable interstices.
- Suitable for lashed aerial, duct, underground conduit and indoor riser applications.
- 900um buffered design recommended for easy termination.
- Cables with more than 24 fibers have fibers segregated into 12-fiber sub-units.
|FIBERS||62.5 UM OM1||50 UM OM2||50 UM OM3||50 UM OM4||50 UM OM5||8.3 UM OS2|
- Applications include 10, 40 & 100 gigabit Ethernet, Fibre Channel, Video, Security, Automation.
- OM5 supports applications utilizing Short Wave Division Multiplexing (SWDM).
- Enhanced bend insensitive OS2 optical fiber is available (ITU-TG.657.B3 & G.657.A2).
- OM4+ optical fibers with extended 10 gigabit Ethernet distances are available.
Tight Buffered Cable Applications
- Indoor / Outdoor Applications Where Gel-Filled Cables are not Suitable
- Robust Cables for Indoor Applications where the Cable may be Subject to a Damp / Moist Environment
- Indoor / Outdoor Applications where Termination is Directly onto Conventional Connectors (w/o Pigtail Splicing)
- Suitable for Lashed Aerial, Duct, Underground Conduit and Indoor Riser Applications
Fiber Distances by Application
(conventional), pre-QSFP Release
Fiber Distances & Loss Budgets by Application
(Based on QSFP Rev. 1 Specification Dec. 2006)
Tight Buffered Cable Features
- Cables with Improved Attenuation Available
- Multiple and Custom Fiber Counts Available
- Low Smoke Zero Halogen Available
- Cables with Extended 10 Gigabit Ethernet Support Distances Available