Plenum Interconnect Cable
Interconnect is RoHS 2 and REACH compliant and all multimode and singlemode cables (except OM1) utilize bend-insensitive optical fibers. Extremely flexible for easy handling with lightweight, the cable utilizes flexible aramid yarns to enhance strength. The 900 micron buffered design is recommended for easy termination to standard fiber optic connectors. Interconnect cable is ideal for patch cords, short runs and interconnects and will support applications including gigabit, 10 gigabit and 40 gigabit Ethernet. Made in USA. Proterial Cable America is proud to utilize Corning Optical Fiber as our standard optic fiber.
- REACH & RoHS 2 compliant.
- Made in USA.
- 900 micron buffered design recommended for easy termination.
- All multimode, and singlemode cables (except OM1) utilize bend-insensitive optical fibers.
- Ideal for patch cords, interconnections, and short runs.
- Easy to strip and terminate.
- Lightweight, flexible aramid yarns enhance strength.
- LSZH rating established via PCA material testing to IEC 60332-3-24, IEC 60754-1 & 2 and IEC 61034-2.
|FIBER COUNT||62.5 UM OM1||50 UM OM2||50 UM OM3||50 UM OM4||50 UM OM5||8.3 UM OS2|
Orange: OM1 & OM2
Aqua: OM3 & OM4
Erika Violet for OM4 is available
- 10, 40 & 100 gigabit Ethernet, Fibre Channel, Video, Security, Automation.
- OM5 supports applications utilizing Short Wave Division Multiplexing (SWDM).
- Enhanced bend insensitive OS2 optical fiber is available (ITU-T G.657.B3 & G.657.A2).
- OM4+ optical fibers with extended 10 gigabit Ethernet distances are available.
Simplex Interconnect Cable Applications
- Jumper Cordage for Data Center Applications
- Jumper Cordage for Office Cubicle Wiring to Faceplate
- Transceiver interconnection in a Network Wiring Closet or Data Center
- Data or Telephony Interconnections
Fiber Distances by Application
(conventional), pre-QSFP Release
Fiber Distances & Loss Budgets by Application
(Based on QSFP Rev. 1 Specification Dec. 2006)
Understanding OM1, OM2, OM3, OS1 and OS2 Glass Types
Simplex Interconnect Cable Features
- Cables with Improved Attenuation Available
- Low Smoke Zero Halogen Available
- Cables with Extended 10 Gigabit Ethernet Support Distances Available
- Custom Marking and Colors are Available Upon Request
- Standard Colors are Yellow for Singlemode, Orange for Multimode and Teal for 10 Gigabit