Hitachi's Small Diameter Indoor Loose Tube Cable
Supports Future Business Growth
Phone: +1.603.669.4347, ext. 229
Manchester, NH April, 2009 - Hitachi Cable America, a leading manufacturer of copper and fiber optic cables, recently announced the release of its new small diameter NanoCore™ Indoor Loose Tube Cable. The NanoCore™ cable provides 10 gigabit Ethernet, up to 550 meters, making it an attractive cabling solution to the high tech and banking industries, which require higher network and data center speeds.
The throughput is increased by using multiple pairs of glass within each cable run. The more greater number of pairs, the more data that can pass down the pathway. The NanoCore™ cables are available with up to 72 strands in a single construction no larger than 1/3" diameter, making it one of the smallest diameter fiber optic cables available on the market today delivering superior transmission. The NanoCore™ Indoor Loose Tube Cable provides customers with sufficient cabling support for all of their current communications needs; while also providing the opportunity to add new applications and electronics that will demand greater bandwidth in the future.
The NanoCore™ Indoor Loose Tube Cable can be custom-manufactured in the following configurations:
- Double Jacket (up to 96 strands manufactured using Corning optical glass) - for those customers seeking higher bandwidths
- Single Jacket (up to 12 strands) - for those customers with space limitations
- Zipcord (up to 24 strands; in 12 unit/12 unit breakout) - for those customers who are looking to plug in numerous devices and would benefit from pulling in two sets of cables
Indoor Loose Tube Cable is available in two ratings: OM3 and OM4
- OM3 (Indoor Loose Tube Cable) - 50 µm delivers 10-Gigabit Ethernet performance; available to reach distances up to 300 meters
- OM4 (Indoor Loose Tube Cable) - 50 µm also delivers 10-Gigabit Ethernet performance, but is capable of extending a distance up to 550 meters
"Another feature of Hitachi's NanoCore™ Indoor Loose Tube Cable is its Plenum-rating. As such the NanoCore™ Indoor Loose Tube Cable is highly suitable for any indoor environment that may have restrictions on cable installations due to fire codes."
Companies interested in learning more about the full line of fiber optic cable such as Hitachi's NanoCore™ Cables are invited to call us at +1.800.772.0116, or visit the NanoCore™ Indoor Loose Tube Cable product page for more detailed information.
About Hitachi Cable America
Hitachi Cable America, located in Manchester, NH manufactures a complete line of copper and fiber optic cables. Over 3,300 different cable products are manufactured at their facility. Products include Category 7 shielded cable, Category 6A UTP cable, Cat 6 ECO™ shielded, outdoor Category 5e and 6 cable, armored plenum-rated fiber optic cable as well as plenum-rated indoor/outdoor fiber optic cables.
To learn more about HCA cable products, please contact Hitachi Cable America or call toll free at +1.800.772.0116.